1. With an image open, choose the Effects group and then choose Black and White.
2. Move the Contrast filter to choose which color is most dramatic in the new black and white image.
3. Click Apply to commit the effect.
4. Bounce over to the Basic Edits group and choose Exposure.
5. Adjust the Shadows, Highlights, and Contrast sliders to taste. Increasing the Highlights and decreasing Shadows often creates a rich image.
There you have it, a high contrast black and white image with just a few clicks.