Pinterest is a beautiful, crowded world of DIY projects to tackle, recipes to make, and put-together outfits to wear. Images aren’t just king on this social media platform—they’re the supreme alien rulers of the entire galaxy. We’ve put together this at-a-glance guide to Pinterest image sizes to help you create pins that are outta this world. Get that good stuff and some quick tips below. Once you’ve become a pro pin crafter, up your social media knowledge even more with our guides to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram image sizes.
PINTEREST PIN SIZES
|Square Pin||1000 x 1000|
|Standard Pin||1000 x 1500 (2:3 ratio)|
|Promoted Pin||1000 x 1500|
Here are a few other pinteresting things that can help your images stand out:
- To make sure your images are a pinnable size, open them in the Editor and find Crop in the Edits tab. You’ll notice a handy drop-down menu preset crop options.
- We have loads of pre-made, designer-approved Pinterest Templates (like those beauties above!) ready for you to customize.
- The aspect ratio for pins is 2:3.
- If you haven’t heard of rich pins, take a look at Pinterest’s Rich Pin page. The different types make it easier for users to download, buy, watch, read, and a lot of other stuff right from Pinterest.
- Pinterest is a tutorial haven. From recipes to hairstyles, you can learn just about anything from a well-crafted instructional graphic on Pinterest. To create an informational pin of your own that eyeballs will adore, check out this article about using our collage tool to show a process.
- While Pinterest is all about the images, detailed descriptions are also important. Pinterest advises that descriptions “mention the most compelling aspects of the idea, plus include any details that’ll help someone realize this Pin’s for them.”
- Got a business you’re trying to drum up pinterest for? (That’s the last one, we promise!) Check out these helpful tips.
- Plus, we’ve got the intel for how to ace your Pinterest business page.
Make all of your social media images stand out when you join PicMonkey.