Twitter header size: 1500 x 500
Twitter profile size: 400 x 400
Twitter image size : 1024 x 512
When Twitter began, it was more about #, @, and character limits than images. A profile makeover and the introduction of the cover, a.k.a header image shook things up, and images are more important now than ever. In fact, photos average a 35 percent boost in retweets, which are basically Twitter gold.
Since trying to keep all of the different image requirements for each social media platform straight can lead to migraines and shortness of breath, we’ve created an at-a-glance guide to Twitter image sizes. Find it below, along with a few quick Twitter image tips. Once you’ve won the Twitter image game, take your social media picture skills to the next level (and another network) with our handy guide to Facebook image sizes.
Here are some tips for your twitter images:
- Use your Twitter header image to humanize your brand with behind-the-scenes images, or showcase your product/service.
- Your Twitter profile image will display at 200 x 200 pixels, but should be uploaded at double that to make sure it looks sharp, and not stretched or otherwise funkified.
- You can optimize your web content with an assortment of Twitter cards, which format your content in different ways.
- Summary cards pair your image with a large, clickable image that leads to your site. Learn more about the different types of Twitter cards and how to use them on Twitter’s card types page.
- Twitter allows up to four images per tweet. Get more content in front of your followers by adding multiple images, which Twitter will then organize into a collage. Or make your own collage and send it into the Twitterverse.
Get a PicMonkey membership and create dazzling designs and photos.