Instagram carousels are great for engagement because they encourage swiping, plus they are an excellent way to show off more than one image in a single post. We’ll show you how to easily create a seamless carousel post in PicMonkey in this tutorial video. Watch the vid, and follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Steps for making a seamless Instagram carousel post:
- Start with a single, very wide, image that you’ll crop into multiple square images of equal size.
- We cropped a 3000 px x 1000 px image into three 1000 px wide images.
- Open the Grid & Alignment Palette. Turn on Align & snap and Grid.
- Specify one row and then the number of columns equal to the number of images you will crop. We’re cropping to three images, so we chose a 1 x 3 grid. Check Snap to grid.
- From the Edits tab, select Crop.
- Use the crop box to create your first image. Download, name as Image 1.
- Select Undo (the arrow at the bottom of the editor) so your entire image resets.
- Repeat steps 5-7 to crop each successive image until you are done.
- When you’re ready to post your images to Instagram, select the carousel option.
- Upload your images in the order you want them to appear left to right.
- Add filters, customize, tag, etc and then share!
A PicMonkey subscription is always #trending.