Wanna make an Instagram post with this groovy soft grunge vintage aesthetic in PicMonkey? We’ll show you how. Watch the video below and then follow our step-by-step tutorial.
How to create the soft grunge aesthetic look:
- Open your image in the PicMonkey editor.
- Convert it to a layer so the image is its own layer.
- Open the Effects tab on the left and locate the Film Stock and Gritty filters.
- Adjust the effects to your liking.
- Duplicate your image by right-clicking on it and selecting “Duplicate layer.”
- From the Graphics palette, increase the Fade of your top image, and choose Blend mode “Lighten.”
- Erase the overlapping parts of the top image.
- If you want to go for a triple exposure like we did, repeat steps 5-7.
- To put a texture onto the photo, first you need to add a shape graphic to put the texture onto.
- Click the Graphics tab and search “square”. Stretch the black square over your whole photo.
- Click the Textures tab and choose from the Dust & Scratches category. Apply.
- Adjust the blend mode from the Graphics palette. Try “Lighten” again.
- Add a duct tape graphic, flower graphics, and/or text.
- Use #PicMonkey when you share your creation to social.
PicMonkey lets your inner creative go free. Try it today!