Design disciples and editing undergrads, we’ve got the lowdown on how to use Hub storage as you create your designs, collages, and photos. Hub is not only a convenient place to store your PicMonkey projects—it’s also a miracle worker because you can re-edit the text and overlays of any image you keep in Hub, even after saving. Click the play button to watch the video, or check out the highlights below it.
On today’s syllabus:
- Saving to Hub from the PicMonkey Editor
- Edit after saving
- Make a copy
- Working with brand assets
- Uploading to Hub
- Using Hub with Collage
Saving to Hub from the PicMonkey Editor
- When you’re done editing, click Save in the top toolbar.
- Give your creation a name and click Save.
- Ba-da-boom! It’s that easy.
Edit after saving
When you re-open projects that you’ve saved to Hub, you can continue to edit text and overlays exactly the same way that you would before you saved. This means you can:
- Work on projects a little bit at a time
- Take wild chances and retain the freedom to change your mind
- Always go back and fix your mistakes. No typo is the master of you!
Make a copy
Create your own templates, or put ours to work when you keep them in Hub:
- If you’re working on something that you’ve already saved to Hub, when you click Save in the top toolbar, you’ll be presented with two options: Save or Make a copy.
- Save replaces whatever item you already stored in Hub.
- Make a copy saves both the original and the new version. This is great if you want to keep multiple versions of the same thing, like lots of versions of the same flyer.
Working with brand assets
Hub is a convenient place to store logos and watermarks. To add a logo that you’ve stored in Hub:
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Add your own in the Overlays section and select My Hub.
- Adjust the position and fade just like how you would with any other overlay.
Uploading to Hub
- Open Hub and click Upload in the top right corner. This allows you to open files from your computer. You can also drag and drop photos directly into Hub from your desktop.
Using Hub with Collage
- When you hover over Collage on the PicMonkey homepage and select Hub from the storage options, you can send images from Hub directly into Collage.
- Plus, when you save your collage to Hub, you can go back in and edit the layout, background, and photo placement within cells.
Hub to the rescue! Boost creativity and productivity with edit after saving. Get all this and more when you join PicMonkey.