Crown your cat! Or, mustache your baby. Label it, logo it, and embellish it. Think of overlays as sophisticated photo stickers; we’ve got a feast of them in the Overlays tab! This video primer will make a beginner proficient and an expert more expertly.
What you’ll learn:
- how to change the overlay color via the palette, hex code, or the eyedropper (yes, there are three ways!)
- how to resize, both proportionally and along one axis only
- how to work with a two-color overlay
- how to work with an overlay that offers hue-shifting
- how to add your own image as an overlay
- how to merge overlaysto the background if you have several overlapping ones
- how to flip and rotate
- how to erase parts of an overlay
And you’ll get a quick run-through of many overlays found in the Themes tab, which people often forget to check!
For more edit-jockeying smarts, you might also like:
- Learn how to make a boy fly!
- Learn how to use the Text tool
- Learn how to create your best profile pic