PicMonkey is looking for a few strong humans to help us bring fearless photo embetterment to the world. We’re a small shop and we act like a small shop that gets it done. We crank on all pistons, work like cray-zay, and then we go home to have actual lives, too. We’re in it for the unalloyed bliss of doing the coolest work on earth. You in?
Drop us a resume at email@example.com
Senior Backend Engineer
PicMonkey engineering team based in Seattle makes visual magic happen on a daily basis all over the world for millions of users every month. If you're a senior software engineer and want to be a big fish in a small engineering pond, passionate about architecting and building scalable, performant, and supportable web applications, and are an expert engineer we may have a great role for you.
- Design and build features as the primary backend architect.
- Charged with ongoing operations upgrades/improvements/maintenance.
- Focus on performance, scalability and efficiency.
- Work with a small, focused development team, and deliver features together.
- Drive system improvement as site continues to grow and scale.
Skills and qualifications
- 5+ years commercial software development experience, using Python/PHP/Ruby/similar, and
MySQL. You should have experience with one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Objective-C, C#, or Java.
- Advanced database analysis/optimization skills a big plus.
- Experience using AWS for server buildout and deployment.
- Nice to have: experience with payment and/or user account systems
- Nice to have: experience with Chef, Puppet or Go
- Nice to have: designing services for mobile clients (and/or building those clients yourself)
Senior Frontend Engineer
PicMonkey is searching for a senior software engineer who wants to work on our beautiful and extremely popular consumer application here in Seattle. We use the coolest new technologies building great user experiences: Backbone, CoffeeScript, Bootstrap and Compass/Sass.
- You will be a major part of our very small and sharp engineering team. Working very closely with our Designers on their specifications and designs to improve and create PicMonkey features.
- Be excited about finding trends and patterns in this space to add new functionality and improve the product.
Skills and qualifications
- 5+ years commercial software development experience and BS in CS (or equivalent).
- Experience at all levels of the stack a plus.
- Experience with Python, Ruby, or SQL a plus.
- Strong visual and UI development experience with a love of clean and beautiful experiences.
- Mobile experience is a huge plus.