PicMonkey is looking for people to help us bring fearless photo embetterment to the world. We’re a small shop and that means errbody has a big impact. We crank on all pistons, work like cray-zay, and then go home to have actual lives, too. You in?
We got our eyes peeled for an Android engineer who wants to work here in the Emerald City on our app. Creating a flawless next-generation Android experience will make us happy, make you happy, and most importantly make our users happy.
We can’t wait to hear from you. You gotta be:
- Hella experienced with Android distributions on consumer electronics products
- Excited about innovating new products
- Skilled at proactive outward communication and technical leadership
- Fearless of new challenges
- Out of this world at data analysis and debugging
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- 2+ year of experience working with Android
- Experience with multiple software development projects from beginning to end
- Released apps into the Play store (or open source)
- Worked on high-volume consumer products
- Strong understanding of the Android SDK
- Deep knowledge of CORE Java and C/C++ (as a bonus)
- Design and architecture knowledge, as well familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
If this sounds amazing beyond compare, send your resumes to email@example.com
If you love asking questions and digging deep to find actionable, business-driving answers, PicMonkey’s got the job for you. We’re hiring a customer lifecycle analyst to partner with senior stakeholders of our online photography business and provide data-driven insights into strategic and tactical projects. As a key analyst, you’ll help optimize the marketing funnel, collect and analyze customer data, and partner with business development on strategic investments.
- Lead relevant and timely research that significantly informs and influences business outcomes in product development and customer lifecycle marketing
- Partner with our product, marketing and business development groups to provide key insights leveraging internal consumer data
- Communicate findings to a broad variety of stakeholders in a clear way
- Collaborate with other areas of the business on strategic projects
- Manage multiple internal and external projects involving complex data analysis
- Act as point of contact/owner for a wide variety of marketing and product data sources
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Intricate knowledge of optimizing customer acquisition and conversion funnels
- Experience defining the scope and issues for research/analytic initiatives
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with an ability to structure and deliver presentations, explanations and conclusions
- Individual contributor with passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results and effect meaningful change
- Solutions oriented
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA/MS/PhD preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in consumer insights, funnel marketing or similar field
- High level of proficiency in Excel, SQL and regression analysis required
- English language proficiency required
- Experience and facility in Google Analytics, SAS, R, SPSS, Tableau, E-Views, and/or other analytics software packages
Senior Backend Engineer
Here’s us: looking for an engineer to work on our backend services, facilitating both our mobile and web platforms. As a small team, every member works across the entire stack from tooling/deployment all the way to HTML/CSS. We like walks in the park and keeping work fun but insanely productive.
Here’s you: hella smart in the DevOps world. You love collaborating and are able to take projects from start to completion with minimal direction. You are excited about working with a small but mighty team of engineers who are hammering away at a major delivery in the next few months, where your contributions will be essential.
- Writing and maintaining Ruby scripts to create and deploy new infrastructure to AWS.
- Writing and maintaining Chef cookbooks, roles and environments.
- Building, maintaining, and deploying Java web apps (Spring framework, Hibernate)
- Honing your skills in advanced database analysis/optimization
- Commercial software development experience, using Java/Python/Go/PHP/Ruby/similar, and MySQL.
- Nice to have: experience with payment systems
- Nice to have: experience with NoSQL systems
- Nice to have: designing services for mobile clients (and/or building those clients yourself)
If this sounds like thing of wonder to you, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org