** Update June 27th, 2014: We have a winner! Read Liam McGill’s prize-winning essay**
Everyone going to college could use money for books, tuition, and posters of 80s hair bands. Take our survey and write a 400-500 word essay for your chance to win $1,000!
At PicMonkey, we usually like to let the pictures do the talking. But enough about them; we want to know about YOU. Let us know what moves you most to take pictures and what those pictures mean to you. So, howsabout warming up those keyboard fingers and giving us the skinny? It just might win you $1,000 to help out with your college costs.
How to enter:
- Take our survey at Survey Monkey.
- Then, answer one of our two questions in 400-500 words.
- Email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of your email should be “PicMonkey Scholarship.”
- If your essay is an attachment, make the file name your full name-PicMonkey-Scholarship. (Example: George-Washington-PicMonkey-Scholarship)
- Submit by May 31, 2014.
In 400-500 words answer one of the following questions:
- Aww, man! You just HAD to be there! Tell us about a favorite photo and the story behind it. Why is it memorable? What did it capture? (Remember: We can’t see that photo, so make it come alive with your words.)
- Share a moment you wish you had a photograph to remember. What would that picture have captured? Take us back through time and frame it for us.
To be eligible:
- You need to be a resident of the United States or Canada.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or a freshman in college. We reserve the right to verify date of high school graduation and/or college enrollment.
- You can’t be related to anyone on the PicMonkey staff.
We will choose and notify our winner by June 30, 2014, and we’ll mail him or her a $1,000 check. Check the PicMonkey blog for an announcement of the winner!