Eraser tool lets you combine photos
Easily erase parts of your photos with PicMonkey's eraser tool.
The overlay (or layer) eraser tool lets you erase parts of an image so it blends with another image exactly the way you want it to. This tool is useful when combining two photos or when combining a photo and an overlay.
Using the eraser to blend an overlay with a photo:
Start by clicking “Edit” on the home page, and opening a photo.
- Click the “Overlays” tab on the far left side of the panel (the butterfly icon).
- Click the overlay you want, and it appears over your photo.
- Make basic adjustments while you’re in the “Basic” tab: color, fade, etc.
- Click the overlay to resize or reposition it over the photo.
- Click the “Eraser” tab for the fine-tuning. Use the eraser to make the bits you don’t like disappear, and use the paintbrush to bring back erasures you want to reappear.
- The zoom tool is in the lower right corner of your photo.
- If the edges have a lot of detail, make the brush size smaller. To erase larger areas, use a bigger brush size.
- Use the Clone feature if you need to copy parts of the photo into a place where you’re erasing something out and the overlay isn’t quite the same size.
Using the eraser to blend two photos: Follow the same steps above, but instead of choosing an overlay, click the “Your Own” button atop the panel, and upload your second photo. That photo is your overlay, in this case.