Photos of the world, hold hands, start a love chain …
August 19 is World Photo Day, pic aficionados!
When we celebrate photography’s naughty-donkey origin story: the anniversary of the patent for the daguerreotype.
And since photos are kind of our jam, we at PicMonkey decided to celebrate by serenading you all with a one-day photo contest. Here’s how it works:
- Upload a photo edited in PicMonkey to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook between 1pm PST today (8/19) and 1pm PST tomorrow (8/20).
- Use both the hashtags #picmonkey and #worldphotoday.
- Five randomly selected winners receive a Fujifilm INSTAX Instant Camera, PLUS a whole entire year of free PicMonkey!
- Participants can enter as many times as they want—there’s no limit.
- All photos must be rated PG.
- Winners will be announced Monday (8/22).
These photos can incorporate any subject or technique. A Warhol’d picture of your dog. A Mirrored latte from your favorite coffee shop. A Daguerreotype-themed homage to our photography roots. Sheer elegance in its simplicity, right?
Okay, you 24-hour shutterbugs, we’ve taught you all we can. Now let’s get this party started!