A post with movement is so eye-catching, but how can you make one when Instagram doesn’t support GIFs? We’ll show you an easy workaround to get the flashing text look. It involves making a short video of two alternating images. Watch our video below to learn how, and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Steps for making a blinking text Instagram post:
- Open your photo/post in PicMonkey and add a text layer that you want to make “flash”.
- Choose your first color of text from the Text palette. Download as image 1.
- Change the text color to the second color you want to use.
- Change the name of the image and download as image 2.
- Ultimately, you’re going make 10 of these images, so when you download each image, change the name of the file to 1, 2, 3, etc…
- Repeat steps 2-4 until you have 10 files, or 5 of each color in alternate order (white, blue, white, blue, etc)
You’ve made enough files to create a 5-second video where each image will “flash” for 1/2 a second. Next, you need to create the video. We used GifMaker.me to make the video.
- Upload your 10 images to GifMaker.me and set the speed to 500 milliseconds.
- Select Create Video Animation.
- Name your video file and save as an mp4 file.
- Post to Instagram and wow your audience!
A PicMonkey subscription opens up a world of creative possibilities!