Chrome is the browser we encourage folks to use because it works the best with Flash. However, if you’re getting Flash error messages while using PicMonkey, here are a few things you should investigate.
The Chrome browser comes with its own Flash player, so updating Chrome will often take care of any problems. To update Google Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the three vertical dots, also known as the “more” button.
- Click Update Google Chrome. If you don’t see this button, you’ve got the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
Allow Flash for PicMonkey.com
To make sure your browser isn’t set to block Flash:
- Click the padlock icon on the left side of Chrome’s address bar.
- Find “Flash” in the drop-down list that appears below the address bar. Click the little up- and down-carets next to “Flash”
- Select “Always allow on this site.”
- Click anywhere outside of the drop-down list to dismiss it.
- A notification bar at the top left of your screen will say: “New site permissions settings will take effect after reloading the page.” Click the Reload button on the right side of the notification bar.
Manage click-to-play content settings
Chrome has a feature called “click-to-play” that gives you control over when and which websites are allowed to run Flash automatically. To make sure it’s set to allow Flash for PicMonkey:
- Type “chrome://settings/content” into Chrome’s address bar, and hit enter/return on your keyboard.
- Scroll down to “Plugins” and choose “Detect and run important Flash content.”
- For finer control over your plugins, you can click the Manage exceptions button. Type “picmonkey.com” in the exceptions list and click “Allow” under “Behavior.”
If you are still experiencing problems, reset Chrome. This will return your configuration to the default state and help eliminate conflicts with extensions and plugins you may have installed.
- Type “chrome://settings” into Chrome’s address bar, and press enter/return on your keyboard.
- Click Show advanced settings way down at the bottom of the page
- Scroll all the way down and click Reset Settings, then click Reset to confirm.