The ice cream truck of summer content is here, and it’s playing a (non-annoying!) tune right outside your window! Come on down and get your textures, overlays and fonts. Here’s a step-by-step sampler of the new stuff in action; see how you can use them to happy up your images for summer.
To make this girl’s bubble wand explode with magic:
- Remove the color with Black and White effect.
- Add a Bokeh texture, rotating and resizing to position as bubbles.
- Add Firework overlays and resize.
- Tip: you can also change the color of the fireworks using the color palette.
To make this flag say Independence Day:
- Use rectangle overlay to create three horizontal stripes.
- Add Postal overlay (circle of stars) in white. Duplicate it to get a ring of blue stars. Erase all but the two in the middle.
- Add text: Quentin Caps and Justice by Dirt.
To bestow this super kid with awesome powers:
- Add Clouds texture. Erase the Clouds over your subject and change the blend mode to normal and the fade to 0.
- Add Dusk effect and erase where it occludes your subject.
- Add text: Verdana Bold.
To turn this lighthouse shot into a wistful reverie about beach town getaways:
- Apply Tranquil effect and then apply Dark Edges effect.
- Apply Papyrus texture, resizing larger to get paper grain showing.
- Add Postal overlays, setting one to fade a bit behind the other.
To give these watery depths a meaningful pause:
- Use Water texture as background image; set Blend Mode to Normal and Fade to 0.
- Add Paint texture (watercolor image) on top of water to give some depth.
Add text in RNS Camelia font.
Add nautical overlay (anchor); set both colors of this two-color overlay as white.
We hope we’ve sparked ideas for how you want to use the new content. Just try to keep the sand off your monitor, ‘kay?
Looking for even more content? Check out these articles: